With wedding season upon us, whether you are the blushing bride to be, maid of honour, bridesmaid or even a guest, we have a step by step guide to help you recreate these celebrity hair styles at home! The best thing about these three hair styles is how they can transform your look from subtle to standout with the addition of the perfect hair accessory!
1 – Old Hollywood
- Part your hair to one side, we recommend parting it directly above your eyebrow arch. Use the end of a tail comb for a super straight line.
- Curl all of your previously blow dried hair in the same direction using a large curling rod (we recommend the 1.5 inch Sultra Bombshell available at Sephora)
- Spray with hair spray and let it set for a few minutes. Brush your hair through so the curls become soft waves and style with your finger tips.
- Pull back the smaller side of your hair behind your ear and discreetly pin it using Kirby grips.
- Hair spray your hair in place, make sure you do this before you insert your decorative crystal clip as hair spray can tarnish your beautiful hair accessory.
- Add your sparkle and shine the night away!
We recommend the Jennifer Behr Crystal Leaves Barrette. Or how about the Jennifer Behr Silver Primrose Bobby Pin a la Khloe Kardashian…
2 – The French Twist
- Part your previously blow dried hair, if your hair is easier to style when curly or straight do so now.
- Choose your desired parting if any and back comb the crown of your head for volume.
- Brush back one side of your hair using a paddle brush and pin at the back of your head.
- Brush back the rest of your hair and twist it inwards, around your fingers.
- Secure tightly and discretely with Kirby grips and fix with hair spray.
- Pin in your decorative clips or comb in the nook you created. Use more than one for a fairytale finish.
Here are a few of our favorites that would work perfectly…
From left to right: Jennifer Behr Nova Bobby Pin, Jennifer Behr l Elyse Bobby Pin, and Jennifer Behr Frances Orchid Comb
3 – Half Up/ Half Down
- If you like your hair curly or straight style it now.
- Brush back all of your hair, excluding your fringe if you have one.
- Separate the front section of your hair and backcomb the rest of your hair on your crown.
- Brush back your hair again, including the separated section. This will smooth your hair over, whilst still giving you lots of volume.
- Pull back with your hands all of the hair you wish to pin up and secure at the back of your head.
- Spray with hair spray to hold, then add your decorative hair pin.
Minka Kelly wore the Jennifer Behr Crystal Feather Comb, we say this style would also look gorgeous with the Jennifer Behr Waterfall Flip Clips!